If your son or daughter’s birthday falls in the month of October, he or she is extra fortunate. But other than a chance for wearing costumes to a party there’s a lot of options for planning. In this blog, we uncover a few unusual and fun ways to help your child celebrate their birthday during Halloween season. Get out your magic pen and write some notes, cause here we go!
Healthy Halloween Snacks: Hollow out a small pumpkin and keep the lid. Make sure the lid has a stem for aesthetics. Fill the pumpkin with Ranch Dip or veggie dip and then surround with healthy vegetables. Fun presentation for something nutritional.
Decorate the room with the traditional colors of black and white. Surround each table setting by skulls, bones, and spiders. While this theme works well for any Halloween party, make your child’s spot special by creating a thrown with Challis, etc.,
Visit places like Pinterest for fresh decorating ideas. This site is also a terrific place for fun food ideas and games. We love pumpkin bowling with toilet paper and a small round pumpkin to roll.
Pay particular tribute to the bewitching hour of when your child was born. Organize your party around that hour if it’s appropriate and sing “Happy Birthday” on his or hers particular time they entered the world.
Adult parties can include some ‘delicious but evil ‘concoctions such as Vampire’s Kiss made with Bailey’s Irish Crème and Raspberries Wow good, and they look extra creepy!
The party festivities can begin early by surprising your loved one with a balloon and crepe paper spider made in black. Tape the spider over their bed while sleeping for a fun gag. Or hang in their bathroom with a not wishing them a happy birthday.
With a little imagination, you can make your child’s day special even though it falls on a major holiday. If you enjoyed this article, be sure to catch our December version of this for all those born during this festive season.
For more information on booking your child’s party at Wow Factory, contact us directly.
When it comes to costumes, like anything else, you will find a whole spectrum of outcomes. This halloween we predict you will see the good, the bad, the ugly, the bland, and the great; sometimes all at once. When it comes to children’s costumes you can usually expect something extravagant since children love dressing up. In this blog we’ve put together some of the best children’s costumes we have ever seen to hopefully inspire you this halloween. From adorable, to funny, to hilarious, we sorted through many creative outfits that some kids have worn for halloween the past couple years. Here are five of our favorites.
1) Albert Einstein – Show off your little genius this halloween with a simple wig, mustache, and button up shirt with suspenders. This costume is as funny and quirky as it is low cost and easy. Now you just need him/her to get familiar with some college level physics books and they will be well on their way to convincing people they are Einstein reincarnated this halloween…
2) Wilson From Cast Away – Everyone loves Wilson especially if you are Tom Hanks stuck on a deserted island. This simple costume will definitely put people in a good mood and will be a refreshing distraction from the multitudes of Batman’s and Elsa’s at your halloween party.
3) Harry Potter and Fluffy – Dressing up your kids as Harry Potter and Fluffy is a great way to knock out two costume choices at once. Harry Potter costumes are easy to come by but you may need to do some intense shopping to find a Fluffy costume. This duo is sure to be a hit if you can pull it off.
4) Smurfs – If you loved this show growing up then you will enjoy this idea. Your kids may not know who the Smurfs are but they will love being covered in blue paint (make sure it is safe/nontoxic paint!).
5) Little Old Lady – The perfect costume for the one daughter who does not insist on being a princess for halloween. Everyone will get a kick out of this we guarantee. All you need is a grey wig, a loose dress, a light sweater, and a very small walker (which you can find online).
We hope you have a great Halloween! Be safe and eat lots of candy.