Gather up the kidlets and get over to the Wow Factory Holiday Break fun! Think about the many reasons why you need to spend some time here in the Coconut Creek area that doesn’t leave you full of stress. Instead, you’ll have holiday bliss to brighten your day and keep those kids occupied. Here are some reasons why you need to pack the car with all your kids and their friends and head on over the Wow Factory for some celebrating!
First, think about the time. The time you’ll spend watching the children jump, play, exercise and be entertained. Think about the moments where you can relax with a glass of wine or a friend and have a pleasant conversation while the kids run amuck! Think about the time you’ll be saving while Johnny is bored and in need of something to do.
Next, think about the mess in the kitchen at home and how there won’t be one if you and the fam eat at our fabulous café. We will take your order, serve you with a smile and won’t make you do dishes!
After you’ve thought about time and meals, think about the simplicity of it all. If you’re the type of person who likes to keep things uncomplicated, then coming to hang out at an inside gym is excellent. You can come to our facility located in South Florida, check in and let loose! It’s just that simple. No need for you to plan for months to find something fresh the kids will love. No need for running errands or stressing out over what you’ll do during the break time. Making an outing to the Wow Factory during the holiday break is a no-brainer!
In addition to families looking for something fun to do during the break, caretakers, teachers and event planners are welcome too! You know there’s no better solution than spending a day doing laser tag or having the kids practice their mountain climbing skills. No matter the preference, the Wow Factory has something for every age group.
Besides the fact Wow Factory caters to all ages, this is also an excellent place for you to plan large parties. With the holiday being here, chances are you’re looking for the ideal venue to host a party elsewhere.
So, plan ahead for the holiday break. You can give some gift cards for the holiday and come spend some time with us!
Call to plan your next event at The Wow Factory! (954) 380-8600
If your family is like most of us, you’re always looking for fun and exciting ways to bring each other together without causing a big bore or hassle. The month of April is that time of year where there’s been enough of a break between holidays and school activity allowing for enjoyable family times once again. We think the month of April is also the best time to join us for a few games of knocking down pins and enjoying the company of family and friends.
Whether you’re looking to participate in a league or you just want to gather up a few people for some open bowling, this month is a terrific time to plan. Although it seems like spring time in Coconut Creek year around, this is pre-season to the super-hot weather, and lots of people tend to gather together for some fun. At the Wow Alley, you never must worry about working up too much of a sweat because of the air conditioner making this the perfect indoor sporting activity.
Another reason why bowling is a great activity is that you can promote things like team building skills with your co-workers or even some people in your neighborhood for some additional fun to break up the humdrum of the week. No matter what the case may be, plan your month with a chance to play a little to shake it up.
In addition to inviting your co-workers to join a league, your kids will have a great time with the laser lights and black lighting for our Cosmic Bowling parties. This is an excellent way to keep your teens out of trouble while learning new skills and getting some needed exercise. Be sure to bring student ids for discounted rates and don’t forget the times are Friday’s and Saturdays from 8-12 pm.
There are so many great reasons for making the month of April your time to come by and strap on a fresh pair of shoes. While yelling “Strike,” you’ll want to make Wow Alley a tradition for everyone. In fact, you’ll find this excellent game is still going a spare for those who thought it to be old and gone. While it’s just a good time all around for everyone, it’s also a place for some good clean fun.
Contact us today to reserve your lane. Open bowling is also available.
When it comes to New Year’s Eve, not too many people immediately think of bringing in the holiday toting your kids around. However, if you’re like most people with youngin’s that are still living at home, you can still enjoy the festivities with children of all ages. In this week’s blog, we share some ideas that you might be able to use to make it to 2017 without pulling out your hair in the process.
Once the month of December winds down, and you top it off with a great party to say goodbye to the previous year, it’s great to help your children understand what everyone’s celebrating. Give your kids something to look forward to like improving their self-esteem; school work acts of kindness. Remember to guide your children to understand it’s out with the old and in with the new!
*One thing you can do is blow up some generic balloons and write different time on them leading up to the ball dropping. For instance, 6:00, 7:00, 8:00 P.M. on separately on each balloon. With every hour have the children pop the balloon with a dart. Popping balloons will not only keep them awake until midnight, but it’s also a whole lot more fun than hearing “Is it time yet?” from your little ones every fifteen minutes. To change it up a bit, you can roll up small pieces of paper giving an activity that will take up until the next balloon pop. Activities such as play a game, eat a snack, etc., The whole idea is to keep each hour rolling and not letting the kids get bored.
**Next is the actual balloon drop at midnight. Visit a local balloon shop or florist and ask to have a giant balloon filled with confetti and other balloons. When the clock hits twelve, pop the oversized balloon to celebrate like they do on television. Super fun, and a little messy but well worth it!
***While kids may not know what the champagne tastes like, you can easily conjure up this great recipe using Perrier or Sparkling water and cotton candy. Just place the cotton candy pieces inside a child safe glass, pour the sparkling water and watch the smiles. This neat little trick will make them feel special, and it’s so fun to watch the looks on their little faces when the cotton candy disappears and turns into bubbles.
Don’t forget to stock up on noisemakers as this is one of the best ways for a kid to enjoy the festivities. Keep plenty of healthy snack foods on hands such as shrimp cocktail and cheese plates. With a little parent guidance and a few party favors, toting kids around your New Year’s party will be a cinch!
For more information on booking parties at the Wow Factory, please call us directly.
When it comes to bowling, many people feel this is a game of skill and strength. While that might be true, there are some real misconceptions out there when it comes to knocking down ten pins. This leisure activity offers a multitude of benefits that can make a difference in just about anyone’s life. In this week’s blog, we reveal five common misconceptions about the game you might not have thought.
Bowling isn’t as good as playing a video game
Bowling is too easy
Bowlers should play alone
Ten Pins is an ‘old-school’ game
Bowling is only for adults
There’s a reason why game systems such as Playstation and the Wii have created bowling games. While these might be a lot of fun to play in the comfort of your home, there’s something exciting about wearing funny looking shoes and toting around a bowling ball. Some people may argue bowling isn’t as fun as a video game. On the contrary, this is a way to offer an aerobic activity that is low impact; it’s a way to perfect your skills with strategic planning and form just as any other sport and bowling are a whole lot more fun when you get together with friends and family.
Believe it or not, but, the first games of bowling were played by the Egyptians as they used balls made of porcelain and leather rolling the human-made balls to know over stones and other objects. Since we live today, bowling has become a competitive sport because it requires you to take the proper stance and aim for the center pin. However, when you’re shooting for a straight or some other spare, you need to understand gravity and physics to know where the ball will hit the pins to knock down the ones left standing. That requires skill and makes the game more challenging. Understanding the arrows and dots on the wood lane is another tool people use making the game one that is legendary when it comes to sports.
While bowling is an activity you can play without the company of others, the game does become more fun when there are more people. The camaraderie could be one of the biggest reasons why bowling leagues got started. We like to say “the more, the merrier,” and we’re sure you would agree after playing with a few of your closest friends.
Ten Pins or bowling is not an old-school game. Today, kids of all ages are enjoying the benefits of this non-contact sport.
Bowling is not just for adults either. We are seeing children as young as three, push the ball down the lane anticipating its destination. Bumper bowling is ideal for mom’s and toddlers, and we’re happy to accommodate.
We hope this clears up any misconceptions you may have had about the game of bowling and bring your family in for this international game of fun!
Contact us today to reserve a lane or find out about our leagues.
With the way, today’s big world is operating many of our children seem to be getting the wrong impressions on what the holiday season should offer. It seems almost every year the kids are more focused on gifts and playtime and not enough learn the real ideology of the season. In this blog, we point out a few tips that will help your boys and girls remember to help make the world a better place.
Thanksgiving and Family Dinners are always a superb time to discuss how much you appreciate each other. After all, our young ones learn starts at home. Why not teach them to show their gratitude toward people in your family by letting everyone comment on who and why they are thankful? You can start a gratitude jar and decorate it for the holidays and then have each family member pull one of the remarks and read during the dinner. Announcing why we’re gracious is not only fun, it’s 100% heartwarming.
Next up, “Random Acts of Kindness.” It seems we all have a little too much on our plate today to take our mind off and place our energies elsewhere. Remember the old folks that live next door or a charity that has a worthy cause. Get your children involved in philanthropy and doing kind things for others without making a big deal of it. Perhaps they can volunteer to help take out the garbage for the senior woman living alone or bring them to charitable events for kids less fortunate to help open their eyes to helping others.
Hold a food or toy drive within your neighborhood. Anyone can do this activity. When you get, your kids involved, it becomes a unique event. Help them promote giving to other children their age by collecting food or toys, and they bring to a drop off center. Food drives are something you can do any time of year. These are events you can do anytime. The whole idea is to help you son or daughter be open to looking out for the needs of others. We call it humanity, and it makes a huge difference when more of us can be pro-active in the community.
Give your kids the ideas to do nice things for others, and you’ll be teaching them some value and morals important to their success on becoming great citizens.
For more information on Wow Factory activities, please contact us directly.
Tips from The Wow Factory: Party Planner for the Working Mom
Planning birthday parties can be a lot of fun if you have a good plan and the mother-load of shopping lists. This is the basic list with a bit of an entrepreneurial twist that you can keep close to your cell and we’ll even recommend a few party planners nearby that can help you when the power of one isn’t quite enough.
Looking for a Family Fun and Entertainment Center in the South Florida – Coconut Creek Area with attractions, activities like wall climbing, laser tag, birthday parties and more. Call us today
Although this blog is intended for our working mom readers, we hope that it can be used by everyone, including working dads, event planners and human resources people. The best thing is we give you the foundation for the party that will help you plan like a train engineer.
1. Guest List First
3. Decorations and Theme
4. Food and Leftovers
5. Gifts and Entertainment
1. Guest list first! By estimating the size of the party, you can then make the other decisions. Depending on the guests, this may even help you plan the party’s theme.
2. Location, Location, Staycation! After the guest list has been planned, the next part to determine is the venue or place that you’ll want everyone to meet. Consider using places other than your own home, since this is one of the biggest stress factors. You don’t need to have a staycation for the next birthday party or any other celebration. When you have your party elsewhere, you can leave the mess, drive home and soak in the hot tub.
3. Decorations and themes, dream, minus the nightmares! Finding the right decorations will be easier once you determine the location of the party. If you’re attending a party in the park, your decisions for decorations and party favors will vary greatly than if you have it at home. Keep the theme simple for guests and for yourself. Themes can be creative and wild or something really easy, but keep in mind your guests and how likely they are to follow suit. Crepe paper decorations with a few balloons as a center piece continue to be a decorative stand by. If the venue room or house will be dark liven it up with a decoration such as Starshower Laser lights can brighten up a room and can be used in large spaces like the outside of a home.
4. Foodies, kids and leftovers. This is a big part of any party or event. Depending on the age of the children or if it’s an adult, your food choices may vary. The next portion to consider is trash and leftovers. Leftovers that have to be transported elsewhere can often be a pain to deal with. Remember to bring Rubbermaid and Tupperware containers to help you transport. The other items to pack before going on location, would be that of cheaper containers. Save old cottage cheese and butter dishes just for these events. Then you won’t care if these containers make it back. The reason why we include ‘Kids’ in this part is because many kids don’t eat at parties. They pick, have snacks that are nutritious, but don’t make the snacks “monster” sized. Instead, serve finger sandwiches, small foods, pizza, and small bottled water. A case of water goes a long way, but at some parties you can fill a land mine. Make these little turkeys a part of your food planning and determining how much budget and food.
5. Gifts, Games and Gags are sometimes tricky. Many children and parents are putting a limit on the gift giving and telling their guests to stay modest in this area. This is an area that can be handled a many number of ways. For instance, one child asked to have the gift donations be cash. But it’s not what you think. He requested that all people gifting money to him would make a donation to his favorite charity in his honor.… and yes that’s a true story! Games and gags are the next item to cross off your list. You decide if you will have games and you now need to give prizes, cleanup as a pre-clean-up, prep etc. Look up game ideas for children’s parties on Pinterest. This is a great resource that’ll make you look like a hero. The next thing is gags. Will you have entertainment? Belly Dancers? A clown? A bounce house? These are all a part of this section of your planning. You may need to make a deposit or reservation so consider doing this right away. No matter if you plan on opening gifts or playing games this should be the moment that you’re taking a small nap cause the next part will surely put you over the edge!
6. Cleanup “Wait, where did everybody go?” Seems that when this time of the party is presents itself, it’s as if an ugly Gila monster has reared its head in the middle of the festivities and scares everyone off. Everybody except your true friends, family and the person who has nothing better to do. Be thankful and grateful for them. But be happy this is the end of your evening, with then end near. Don’t forget to pack plenty of extra-large garbage bags Small bags, foil, freezer bags and bring a granny cart for all these items. Granny carts sell at most grocery stores and retail for $15 bucks, every mother should have one! If you have the ability to plan a cleanup crew ahead of time, then by all means do so. If not, then consider this to be one of the best reasons to plan your party at a venue that cleans for you. Think of how nice it will be to pack the car and head home with a bunch of happy kids and adults.
Looking for kids indoor activities and entertainment around Broward County, Florida? Check out the Wow Factory. Call us today for all of your fun indoor birthday parties needs!!
DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS FOR PLANNING PARTIES, LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW OR VISIT US ON FACEBOOK TO SHARE YOUR TIPS.
THE WOW FACTORY
5891 Lyons Road
Coconut Creek, FL 33073