Gather up the kidlets and get over to the Wow Factory Holiday Break fun! Think about the many reasons why you need to spend some time here in the Coconut Creek area that doesn’t leave you full of stress. Instead, you’ll have holiday bliss to brighten your day and keep those kids occupied. Here are some reasons why you need to pack the car with all your kids and their friends and head on over the Wow Factory for some celebrating!
First, think about the time. The time you’ll spend watching the children jump, play, exercise and be entertained. Think about the moments where you can relax with a glass of wine or a friend and have a pleasant conversation while the kids run amuck! Think about the time you’ll be saving while Johnny is bored and in need of something to do.
Next, think about the mess in the kitchen at home and how there won’t be one if you and the fam eat at our fabulous café. We will take your order, serve you with a smile and won’t make you do dishes!
After you’ve thought about time and meals, think about the simplicity of it all. If you’re the type of person who likes to keep things uncomplicated, then coming to hang out at an inside gym is excellent. You can come to our facility located in South Florida, check in and let loose! It’s just that simple. No need for you to plan for months to find something fresh the kids will love. No need for running errands or stressing out over what you’ll do during the break time. Making an outing to the Wow Factory during the holiday break is a no-brainer!
In addition to families looking for something fun to do during the break, caretakers, teachers and event planners are welcome too! You know there’s no better solution than spending a day doing laser tag or having the kids practice their mountain climbing skills. No matter the preference, the Wow Factory has something for every age group.
Besides the fact Wow Factory caters to all ages, this is also an excellent place for you to plan large parties. With the holiday being here, chances are you’re looking for the ideal venue to host a party elsewhere.
So, plan ahead for the holiday break. You can give some gift cards for the holiday and come spend some time with us!
Call to plan your next event at The Wow Factory! (954) 380-8600
Next time you want to throw your son or daughter a birthday party that they’ll never forget, take it to the bowling alley. Bowling parties can be a hit without having to spend much time and money on planning. We’ll take a look at a few cool food suggestions, games and decorating ideas for bowling parties:
Get the right supplies
First things first, figure out where you are going to get all the supplies you’ll need for your party. This includes items like cups, napkins and decorations for your party. You may also want to rent a bowling game, some small trophies for the kids and a bowling balloon.
Make your invitations cool and creative to increase the party attendance. You can do your own personalized invitations. Simple things like adding a bowling sticker on the invitations or a fun message will excite your guests and make them look forward to the party.
Bowling party decorations
When choosing your decorations, one thing you have to consider is the location of your party. Generally, you won’t have lots of places to decorate at the bowling alley. But if you are doing the party at home then you’ve got unlimited opportunities to decorate.
Bowling t-shirts for your guests
One thing you can do to get the guests excited is to give them matching bowling t-shirts. They will feel like they are part of a team. Look for inexpensive bowling tees and add a bowling pin on each. You can even write the child’s name on the bowling pin. If you will be celebrating the part at a bowling alley, giving guests matching t-shirts will make it easy for you to spot them especially if the event is on a day when the alley is crowded.
Best food and snacks for bowling parties
If the party is in a bowling alley, you may be required to buy food at their concession stand. Some bowling alleys allow you to come with snacks during your event. You can narrow down your food choices to only healthy snacks such as grapes, slices of apples and wheat crackers. If you will be throwing the bowling party at home or in a private garden, then you have lots of options on what to serve. You can serve hotdogs, popcorns, French fries and so much more. One good idea would be to serve your guests drinks inside a bowling pin sipper cup.
Choosing party favors
You obviously want to send your guests home with some cool favors that complement the theme of the party. There are so many bowling party favors that you can find online at a good price. A few ideas include: bowling pin sipper cups, candy and lollipops with cool shapes, trophies for the winning team and mini bowling games.
Start planning the bowling party early enough so that you don’t miss out on any aspect we’ve mentioned above. Remember that you don’t have to spend a lot on making this party work for you. Handmade decorations and homemade food can really help you to cut down on costs.
Make your party a hit at The Wow Alley Bowling Lanes ! Call to book your party today!
With the way, today’s big world is operating many of our children seem to be getting the wrong impressions on what the holiday season should offer. It seems almost every year the kids are more focused on gifts and playtime and not enough learn the real ideology of the season. In this blog, we point out a few tips that will help your boys and girls remember to help make the world a better place.
Thanksgiving and Family Dinners are always a superb time to discuss how much you appreciate each other. After all, our young ones learn starts at home. Why not teach them to show their gratitude toward people in your family by letting everyone comment on who and why they are thankful? You can start a gratitude jar and decorate it for the holidays and then have each family member pull one of the remarks and read during the dinner. Announcing why we’re gracious is not only fun, it’s 100% heartwarming.
Next up, “Random Acts of Kindness.” It seems we all have a little too much on our plate today to take our mind off and place our energies elsewhere. Remember the old folks that live next door or a charity that has a worthy cause. Get your children involved in philanthropy and doing kind things for others without making a big deal of it. Perhaps they can volunteer to help take out the garbage for the senior woman living alone or bring them to charitable events for kids less fortunate to help open their eyes to helping others.
Hold a food or toy drive within your neighborhood. Anyone can do this activity. When you get, your kids involved, it becomes a unique event. Help them promote giving to other children their age by collecting food or toys, and they bring to a drop off center. Food drives are something you can do any time of year. These are events you can do anytime. The whole idea is to help you son or daughter be open to looking out for the needs of others. We call it humanity, and it makes a huge difference when more of us can be pro-active in the community.
Give your kids the ideas to do nice things for others, and you’ll be teaching them some value and morals important to their success on becoming great citizens.
For more information on Wow Factory activities, please contact us directly.
How to prevent your child from getting the holiday blues.
It seems it was only yesterday the kids went back to school, and now we’re facing that time of year where holiday vacations are once again upon us. For most parents, this time of year can be a lot of fun. That is if the kids are enjoying themselves. However, if you start to hear those famous words “What Can We Do Today, I’m Bored?” it’s time to find an outlet. In this blog, we present you with some tips that keep the kids preoccupied without charging up your credit cards in the process.
Tip One:Try a new recipe. If your kids like to get messy in the kitchen, then why not try a few new recipes that can keep them entertained? Bear in mind, this time of year the parents aren’t the only ones who are faced with making healthy choices. Help you, kids, to find recipes they will enjoy both making and eating without putting on the extra pounds. New types of vegan cookies or healthy granola bars can be low-calorie alternatives.
Tip Two: Go Hiking. There are plenty of trails and places for the kids to enjoy being outdoors. This time of year South Florida is perfect because of both weather and lack of bugs. Even though it’s still a good idea to wear sunscreen and mosquito repellent when hitting a nature walk, this is the most pleasant time of year for fresh air. Make the time you spend with your children a learning one by identifying plants and wildlife. Whatever the case maybe, you’ll find this both enjoyable for your kids and you.
Tip Three: Start a family blog. Go to WordPress.com and start your family blog then invite other members of the clan to join in. Give them individual writing assignments, post pictures and invite other people to join in. By including your kids to be a part of this project may open new doors and develop confidence.
Tip Four: Plan a field trip to the Wow Factory. Don’t forget to invite the other kids in the neighborhood or from your child’s class. The Wow Factory is a place that’s not only fun, but it also helps children to develop unique skills such as team building and motor skill development. Of course, we highly recommend this tip!
Before you know it, the kids will be back to school and life will get back to normal. We suggest planning a few activities to give your children something to look forward to during the season. Whatever you do, we’re always here to break up the monotony.
The all visual social platform Pinterest has exploded over the past few years. Recently the statistics point to Pinterest having over 100 million active users to the site per day. They’ve also introduced a new feature for mommy bloggers to find their next career move. Pinfluencers are dominating this site and you should too. Here’s some of the best Mommy Bloggers or marketers you should check out next time you’re on board. (no pun, really)
Joy Cho targets everything from baby clothing to recipes for a monster ball. She’s a designer by trade so you’ll catch a lot of fashion pins too. Her blog titled “Oh joy!” shows her sparkling family and has some of the cutest kids. Treat yourself to the many products that she features online. She’s got a terrific site, including throwing great parties for your children.
Now we switch to Josi Denise who takes a little more of a radical approach. She’s the “I’m going to tell you just like it is” mom. With a background in marketing and PR, she has a small following on Instagram, a modest 2400 followers, but you get a sense of who she is and how her life as a mom unfolds. Josi has a great disposition and attitude that allow her to use Mommy Blogging as a form of career.
There’s an estimated $2,000 each time you hit 1Million Followers. SmashleyAshley.com is a young mom who resides in San Diego with her perfect family of 3. You can check out her reviews on things such as Halloween costumes to a host of other family topics. She’s featured in the Huffington Post to Today Parents. The second you log onto her page, you feel like you’ve known this blogger for years. It’s great to see writers turn into superstars with the concept of becoming a brand influencer.
There’s a ton of other talented people in the category of Mommy Blogs. We’re just pointing out the most obvious ones to us. We certainly hope you let us know who your favorite blogger is.
For more information on booking a party at the Wow Factory, contact us directly.
If your son or daughter’s birthday falls in the month of October, he or she is extra fortunate. But other than a chance for wearing costumes to a party there’s a lot of options for planning. In this blog, we uncover a few unusual and fun ways to help your child celebrate their birthday during Halloween season. Get out your magic pen and write some notes, cause here we go!
Healthy Halloween Snacks: Hollow out a small pumpkin and keep the lid. Make sure the lid has a stem for aesthetics. Fill the pumpkin with Ranch Dip or veggie dip and then surround with healthy vegetables. Fun presentation for something nutritional.
Decorate the room with the traditional colors of black and white. Surround each table setting by skulls, bones, and spiders. While this theme works well for any Halloween party, make your child’s spot special by creating a thrown with Challis, etc.,
Visit places like Pinterest for fresh decorating ideas. This site is also a terrific place for fun food ideas and games. We love pumpkin bowling with toilet paper and a small round pumpkin to roll.
Pay particular tribute to the bewitching hour of when your child was born. Organize your party around that hour if it’s appropriate and sing “Happy Birthday” on his or hers particular time they entered the world.
Adult parties can include some ‘delicious but evil ‘concoctions such as Vampire’s Kiss made with Bailey’s Irish Crème and Raspberries Wow good, and they look extra creepy!
The party festivities can begin early by surprising your loved one with a balloon and crepe paper spider made in black. Tape the spider over their bed while sleeping for a fun gag. Or hang in their bathroom with a not wishing them a happy birthday.
With a little imagination, you can make your child’s day special even though it falls on a major holiday. If you enjoyed this article, be sure to catch our December version of this for all those born during this festive season.
For more information on booking your child’s party at Wow Factory, contact us directly.
Tips from The Wow Factory: Party Planner for the Working Mom
Planning birthday parties can be a lot of fun if you have a good plan and the mother-load of shopping lists. This is the basic list with a bit of an entrepreneurial twist that you can keep close to your cell and we’ll even recommend a few party planners nearby that can help you when the power of one isn’t quite enough.
Looking for a Family Fun and Entertainment Center in the South Florida – Coconut Creek Area with attractions, activities like wall climbing, laser tag, birthday parties and more. Call us today
Although this blog is intended for our working mom readers, we hope that it can be used by everyone, including working dads, event planners and human resources people. The best thing is we give you the foundation for the party that will help you plan like a train engineer.
1. Guest List First
3. Decorations and Theme
4. Food and Leftovers
5. Gifts and Entertainment
1. Guest list first! By estimating the size of the party, you can then make the other decisions. Depending on the guests, this may even help you plan the party’s theme.
2. Location, Location, Staycation! After the guest list has been planned, the next part to determine is the venue or place that you’ll want everyone to meet. Consider using places other than your own home, since this is one of the biggest stress factors. You don’t need to have a staycation for the next birthday party or any other celebration. When you have your party elsewhere, you can leave the mess, drive home and soak in the hot tub.
3. Decorations and themes, dream, minus the nightmares! Finding the right decorations will be easier once you determine the location of the party. If you’re attending a party in the park, your decisions for decorations and party favors will vary greatly than if you have it at home. Keep the theme simple for guests and for yourself. Themes can be creative and wild or something really easy, but keep in mind your guests and how likely they are to follow suit. Crepe paper decorations with a few balloons as a center piece continue to be a decorative stand by. If the venue room or house will be dark liven it up with a decoration such as Starshower Laser lights can brighten up a room and can be used in large spaces like the outside of a home.
4. Foodies, kids and leftovers. This is a big part of any party or event. Depending on the age of the children or if it’s an adult, your food choices may vary. The next portion to consider is trash and leftovers. Leftovers that have to be transported elsewhere can often be a pain to deal with. Remember to bring Rubbermaid and Tupperware containers to help you transport. The other items to pack before going on location, would be that of cheaper containers. Save old cottage cheese and butter dishes just for these events. Then you won’t care if these containers make it back. The reason why we include ‘Kids’ in this part is because many kids don’t eat at parties. They pick, have snacks that are nutritious, but don’t make the snacks “monster” sized. Instead, serve finger sandwiches, small foods, pizza, and small bottled water. A case of water goes a long way, but at some parties you can fill a land mine. Make these little turkeys a part of your food planning and determining how much budget and food.
5. Gifts, Games and Gags are sometimes tricky. Many children and parents are putting a limit on the gift giving and telling their guests to stay modest in this area. This is an area that can be handled a many number of ways. For instance, one child asked to have the gift donations be cash. But it’s not what you think. He requested that all people gifting money to him would make a donation to his favorite charity in his honor.… and yes that’s a true story! Games and gags are the next item to cross off your list. You decide if you will have games and you now need to give prizes, cleanup as a pre-clean-up, prep etc. Look up game ideas for children’s parties on Pinterest. This is a great resource that’ll make you look like a hero. The next thing is gags. Will you have entertainment? Belly Dancers? A clown? A bounce house? These are all a part of this section of your planning. You may need to make a deposit or reservation so consider doing this right away. No matter if you plan on opening gifts or playing games this should be the moment that you’re taking a small nap cause the next part will surely put you over the edge!
6. Cleanup “Wait, where did everybody go?” Seems that when this time of the party is presents itself, it’s as if an ugly Gila monster has reared its head in the middle of the festivities and scares everyone off. Everybody except your true friends, family and the person who has nothing better to do. Be thankful and grateful for them. But be happy this is the end of your evening, with then end near. Don’t forget to pack plenty of extra-large garbage bags Small bags, foil, freezer bags and bring a granny cart for all these items. Granny carts sell at most grocery stores and retail for $15 bucks, every mother should have one! If you have the ability to plan a cleanup crew ahead of time, then by all means do so. If not, then consider this to be one of the best reasons to plan your party at a venue that cleans for you. Think of how nice it will be to pack the car and head home with a bunch of happy kids and adults.
Looking for kids indoor activities and entertainment around Broward County, Florida? Check out the Wow Factory. Call us today for all of your fun indoor birthday parties needs!!
DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS FOR PLANNING PARTIES, LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW OR VISIT US ON FACEBOOK TO SHARE YOUR TIPS.
THE WOW FACTORY
5891 Lyons Road
Coconut Creek, FL 33073