If your family is like most of us, you’re always looking for fun and exciting ways to bring each other together without causing a big bore or hassle. The month of April is that time of year where there’s been enough of a break between holidays and school activity allowing for enjoyable family times once again. We think the month of April is also the best time to join us for a few games of knocking down pins and enjoying the company of family and friends.
Whether you’re looking to participate in a league or you just want to gather up a few people for some open bowling, this month is a terrific time to plan. Although it seems like spring time in Coconut Creek year around, this is pre-season to the super-hot weather, and lots of people tend to gather together for some fun. At the Wow Alley, you never must worry about working up too much of a sweat because of the air conditioner making this the perfect indoor sporting activity.
Another reason why bowling is a great activity is that you can promote things like team building skills with your co-workers or even some people in your neighborhood for some additional fun to break up the humdrum of the week. No matter what the case may be, plan your month with a chance to play a little to shake it up.
In addition to inviting your co-workers to join a league, your kids will have a great time with the laser lights and black lighting for our Cosmic Bowling parties. This is an excellent way to keep your teens out of trouble while learning new skills and getting some needed exercise. Be sure to bring student ids for discounted rates and don’t forget the times are Friday’s and Saturdays from 8-12 pm.
There are so many great reasons for making the month of April your time to come by and strap on a fresh pair of shoes. While yelling “Strike,” you’ll want to make Wow Alley a tradition for everyone. In fact, you’ll find this excellent game is still going a spare for those who thought it to be old and gone. While it’s just a good time all around for everyone, it’s also a place for some good clean fun.
Contact us today to reserve your lane. Open bowling is also available.
The all visual social platform Pinterest has exploded over the past few years. Recently the statistics point to Pinterest having over 100 million active users to the site per day. They’ve also introduced a new feature for mommy bloggers to find their next career move. Pinfluencers are dominating this site and you should too. Here’s some of the best Mommy Bloggers or marketers you should check out next time you’re on board. (no pun, really)
Joy Cho targets everything from baby clothing to recipes for a monster ball. She’s a designer by trade so you’ll catch a lot of fashion pins too. Her blog titled “Oh joy!” shows her sparkling family and has some of the cutest kids. Treat yourself to the many products that she features online. She’s got a terrific site, including throwing great parties for your children.
Now we switch to Josi Denise who takes a little more of a radical approach. She’s the “I’m going to tell you just like it is” mom. With a background in marketing and PR, she has a small following on Instagram, a modest 2400 followers, but you get a sense of who she is and how her life as a mom unfolds. Josi has a great disposition and attitude that allow her to use Mommy Blogging as a form of career.
There’s an estimated $2,000 each time you hit 1Million Followers. SmashleyAshley.com is a young mom who resides in San Diego with her perfect family of 3. You can check out her reviews on things such as Halloween costumes to a host of other family topics. She’s featured in the Huffington Post to Today Parents. The second you log onto her page, you feel like you’ve known this blogger for years. It’s great to see writers turn into superstars with the concept of becoming a brand influencer.
There’s a ton of other talented people in the category of Mommy Blogs. We’re just pointing out the most obvious ones to us. We certainly hope you let us know who your favorite blogger is.
For more information on booking a party at the Wow Factory, contact us directly.
If your son or daughter’s birthday falls in the month of October, he or she is extra fortunate. But other than a chance for wearing costumes to a party there’s a lot of options for planning. In this blog, we uncover a few unusual and fun ways to help your child celebrate their birthday during Halloween season. Get out your magic pen and write some notes, cause here we go!
Healthy Halloween Snacks: Hollow out a small pumpkin and keep the lid. Make sure the lid has a stem for aesthetics. Fill the pumpkin with Ranch Dip or veggie dip and then surround with healthy vegetables. Fun presentation for something nutritional.
Decorate the room with the traditional colors of black and white. Surround each table setting by skulls, bones, and spiders. While this theme works well for any Halloween party, make your child’s spot special by creating a thrown with Challis, etc.,
Visit places like Pinterest for fresh decorating ideas. This site is also a terrific place for fun food ideas and games. We love pumpkin bowling with toilet paper and a small round pumpkin to roll.
Pay particular tribute to the bewitching hour of when your child was born. Organize your party around that hour if it’s appropriate and sing “Happy Birthday” on his or hers particular time they entered the world.
Adult parties can include some ‘delicious but evil ‘concoctions such as Vampire’s Kiss made with Bailey’s Irish Crème and Raspberries Wow good, and they look extra creepy!
The party festivities can begin early by surprising your loved one with a balloon and crepe paper spider made in black. Tape the spider over their bed while sleeping for a fun gag. Or hang in their bathroom with a not wishing them a happy birthday.
With a little imagination, you can make your child’s day special even though it falls on a major holiday. If you enjoyed this article, be sure to catch our December version of this for all those born during this festive season.
For more information on booking your child’s party at Wow Factory, contact us directly.
Tips from The Wow Factory: Party Planner for the Working Mom
Planning birthday parties can be a lot of fun if you have a good plan and the mother-load of shopping lists. This is the basic list with a bit of an entrepreneurial twist that you can keep close to your cell and we’ll even recommend a few party planners nearby that can help you when the power of one isn’t quite enough.
Looking for a Family Fun and Entertainment Center in the South Florida – Coconut Creek Area with attractions, activities like wall climbing, laser tag, birthday parties and more. Call us today
Although this blog is intended for our working mom readers, we hope that it can be used by everyone, including working dads, event planners and human resources people. The best thing is we give you the foundation for the party that will help you plan like a train engineer.
1. Guest List First
3. Decorations and Theme
4. Food and Leftovers
5. Gifts and Entertainment
1. Guest list first! By estimating the size of the party, you can then make the other decisions. Depending on the guests, this may even help you plan the party’s theme.
2. Location, Location, Staycation! After the guest list has been planned, the next part to determine is the venue or place that you’ll want everyone to meet. Consider using places other than your own home, since this is one of the biggest stress factors. You don’t need to have a staycation for the next birthday party or any other celebration. When you have your party elsewhere, you can leave the mess, drive home and soak in the hot tub.
3. Decorations and themes, dream, minus the nightmares! Finding the right decorations will be easier once you determine the location of the party. If you’re attending a party in the park, your decisions for decorations and party favors will vary greatly than if you have it at home. Keep the theme simple for guests and for yourself. Themes can be creative and wild or something really easy, but keep in mind your guests and how likely they are to follow suit. Crepe paper decorations with a few balloons as a center piece continue to be a decorative stand by. If the venue room or house will be dark liven it up with a decoration such as Starshower Laser lights can brighten up a room and can be used in large spaces like the outside of a home.
4. Foodies, kids and leftovers. This is a big part of any party or event. Depending on the age of the children or if it’s an adult, your food choices may vary. The next portion to consider is trash and leftovers. Leftovers that have to be transported elsewhere can often be a pain to deal with. Remember to bring Rubbermaid and Tupperware containers to help you transport. The other items to pack before going on location, would be that of cheaper containers. Save old cottage cheese and butter dishes just for these events. Then you won’t care if these containers make it back. The reason why we include ‘Kids’ in this part is because many kids don’t eat at parties. They pick, have snacks that are nutritious, but don’t make the snacks “monster” sized. Instead, serve finger sandwiches, small foods, pizza, and small bottled water. A case of water goes a long way, but at some parties you can fill a land mine. Make these little turkeys a part of your food planning and determining how much budget and food.
5. Gifts, Games and Gags are sometimes tricky. Many children and parents are putting a limit on the gift giving and telling their guests to stay modest in this area. This is an area that can be handled a many number of ways. For instance, one child asked to have the gift donations be cash. But it’s not what you think. He requested that all people gifting money to him would make a donation to his favorite charity in his honor.… and yes that’s a true story! Games and gags are the next item to cross off your list. You decide if you will have games and you now need to give prizes, cleanup as a pre-clean-up, prep etc. Look up game ideas for children’s parties on Pinterest. This is a great resource that’ll make you look like a hero. The next thing is gags. Will you have entertainment? Belly Dancers? A clown? A bounce house? These are all a part of this section of your planning. You may need to make a deposit or reservation so consider doing this right away. No matter if you plan on opening gifts or playing games this should be the moment that you’re taking a small nap cause the next part will surely put you over the edge!
6. Cleanup “Wait, where did everybody go?” Seems that when this time of the party is presents itself, it’s as if an ugly Gila monster has reared its head in the middle of the festivities and scares everyone off. Everybody except your true friends, family and the person who has nothing better to do. Be thankful and grateful for them. But be happy this is the end of your evening, with then end near. Don’t forget to pack plenty of extra-large garbage bags Small bags, foil, freezer bags and bring a granny cart for all these items. Granny carts sell at most grocery stores and retail for $15 bucks, every mother should have one! If you have the ability to plan a cleanup crew ahead of time, then by all means do so. If not, then consider this to be one of the best reasons to plan your party at a venue that cleans for you. Think of how nice it will be to pack the car and head home with a bunch of happy kids and adults.
Looking for kids indoor activities and entertainment around Broward County, Florida? Check out the Wow Factory. Call us today for all of your fun indoor birthday parties needs!!
DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS FOR PLANNING PARTIES, LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW OR VISIT US ON FACEBOOK TO SHARE YOUR TIPS.
THE WOW FACTORY
5891 Lyons Road
Coconut Creek, FL 33073