When it comes to New Year’s Eve, not too many people immediately think of bringing in the holiday toting your kids around. However, if you’re like most people with youngin’s that are still living at home, you can still enjoy the festivities with children of all ages. In this week’s blog, we share some ideas that you might be able to use to make it to 2017 without pulling out your hair in the process.
Once the month of December winds down, and you top it off with a great party to say goodbye to the previous year, it’s great to help your children understand what everyone’s celebrating. Give your kids something to look forward to like improving their self-esteem; school work acts of kindness. Remember to guide your children to understand it’s out with the old and in with the new!
*One thing you can do is blow up some generic balloons and write different time on them leading up to the ball dropping. For instance, 6:00, 7:00, 8:00 P.M. on separately on each balloon. With every hour have the children pop the balloon with a dart. Popping balloons will not only keep them awake until midnight, but it’s also a whole lot more fun than hearing “Is it time yet?” from your little ones every fifteen minutes. To change it up a bit, you can roll up small pieces of paper giving an activity that will take up until the next balloon pop. Activities such as play a game, eat a snack, etc., The whole idea is to keep each hour rolling and not letting the kids get bored.
**Next is the actual balloon drop at midnight. Visit a local balloon shop or florist and ask to have a giant balloon filled with confetti and other balloons. When the clock hits twelve, pop the oversized balloon to celebrate like they do on television. Super fun, and a little messy but well worth it!
***While kids may not know what the champagne tastes like, you can easily conjure up this great recipe using Perrier or Sparkling water and cotton candy. Just place the cotton candy pieces inside a child safe glass, pour the sparkling water and watch the smiles. This neat little trick will make them feel special, and it’s so fun to watch the looks on their little faces when the cotton candy disappears and turns into bubbles.
Don’t forget to stock up on noisemakers as this is one of the best ways for a kid to enjoy the festivities. Keep plenty of healthy snack foods on hands such as shrimp cocktail and cheese plates. With a little parent guidance and a few party favors, toting kids around your New Year’s party will be a cinch!
For more information on booking parties at the Wow Factory, please call us directly.
With the way, today’s big world is operating many of our children seem to be getting the wrong impressions on what the holiday season should offer. It seems almost every year the kids are more focused on gifts and playtime and not enough learn the real ideology of the season. In this blog, we point out a few tips that will help your boys and girls remember to help make the world a better place.
Thanksgiving and Family Dinners are always a superb time to discuss how much you appreciate each other. After all, our young ones learn starts at home. Why not teach them to show their gratitude toward people in your family by letting everyone comment on who and why they are thankful? You can start a gratitude jar and decorate it for the holidays and then have each family member pull one of the remarks and read during the dinner. Announcing why we’re gracious is not only fun, it’s 100% heartwarming.
Next up, “Random Acts of Kindness.” It seems we all have a little too much on our plate today to take our mind off and place our energies elsewhere. Remember the old folks that live next door or a charity that has a worthy cause. Get your children involved in philanthropy and doing kind things for others without making a big deal of it. Perhaps they can volunteer to help take out the garbage for the senior woman living alone or bring them to charitable events for kids less fortunate to help open their eyes to helping others.
Hold a food or toy drive within your neighborhood. Anyone can do this activity. When you get, your kids involved, it becomes a unique event. Help them promote giving to other children their age by collecting food or toys, and they bring to a drop off center. Food drives are something you can do any time of year. These are events you can do anytime. The whole idea is to help you son or daughter be open to looking out for the needs of others. We call it humanity, and it makes a huge difference when more of us can be pro-active in the community.
Give your kids the ideas to do nice things for others, and you’ll be teaching them some value and morals important to their success on becoming great citizens.
For more information on Wow Factory activities, please contact us directly.
The all visual social platform Pinterest has exploded over the past few years. Recently the statistics point to Pinterest having over 100 million active users to the site per day. They’ve also introduced a new feature for mommy bloggers to find their next career move. Pinfluencers are dominating this site and you should too. Here’s some of the best Mommy Bloggers or marketers you should check out next time you’re on board. (no pun, really)
Joy Cho targets everything from baby clothing to recipes for a monster ball. She’s a designer by trade so you’ll catch a lot of fashion pins too. Her blog titled “Oh joy!” shows her sparkling family and has some of the cutest kids. Treat yourself to the many products that she features online. She’s got a terrific site, including throwing great parties for your children.
Now we switch to Josi Denise who takes a little more of a radical approach. She’s the “I’m going to tell you just like it is” mom. With a background in marketing and PR, she has a small following on Instagram, a modest 2400 followers, but you get a sense of who she is and how her life as a mom unfolds. Josi has a great disposition and attitude that allow her to use Mommy Blogging as a form of career.
There’s an estimated $2,000 each time you hit 1Million Followers. SmashleyAshley.com is a young mom who resides in San Diego with her perfect family of 3. You can check out her reviews on things such as Halloween costumes to a host of other family topics. She’s featured in the Huffington Post to Today Parents. The second you log onto her page, you feel like you’ve known this blogger for years. It’s great to see writers turn into superstars with the concept of becoming a brand influencer.
There’s a ton of other talented people in the category of Mommy Blogs. We’re just pointing out the most obvious ones to us. We certainly hope you let us know who your favorite blogger is.
For more information on booking a party at the Wow Factory, contact us directly.
If your son or daughter’s birthday falls in the month of October, he or she is extra fortunate. But other than a chance for wearing costumes to a party there’s a lot of options for planning. In this blog, we uncover a few unusual and fun ways to help your child celebrate their birthday during Halloween season. Get out your magic pen and write some notes, cause here we go!
Healthy Halloween Snacks: Hollow out a small pumpkin and keep the lid. Make sure the lid has a stem for aesthetics. Fill the pumpkin with Ranch Dip or veggie dip and then surround with healthy vegetables. Fun presentation for something nutritional.
Decorate the room with the traditional colors of black and white. Surround each table setting by skulls, bones, and spiders. While this theme works well for any Halloween party, make your child’s spot special by creating a thrown with Challis, etc.,
Visit places like Pinterest for fresh decorating ideas. This site is also a terrific place for fun food ideas and games. We love pumpkin bowling with toilet paper and a small round pumpkin to roll.
Pay particular tribute to the bewitching hour of when your child was born. Organize your party around that hour if it’s appropriate and sing “Happy Birthday” on his or hers particular time they entered the world.
Adult parties can include some ‘delicious but evil ‘concoctions such as Vampire’s Kiss made with Bailey’s Irish Crème and Raspberries Wow good, and they look extra creepy!
The party festivities can begin early by surprising your loved one with a balloon and crepe paper spider made in black. Tape the spider over their bed while sleeping for a fun gag. Or hang in their bathroom with a not wishing them a happy birthday.
With a little imagination, you can make your child’s day special even though it falls on a major holiday. If you enjoyed this article, be sure to catch our December version of this for all those born during this festive season.
For more information on booking your child’s party at Wow Factory, contact us directly.
Tips from The Wow Factory: Party Planner for the Working Mom
Planning birthday parties can be a lot of fun if you have a good plan and the mother-load of shopping lists. This is the basic list with a bit of an entrepreneurial twist that you can keep close to your cell and we’ll even recommend a few party planners nearby that can help you when the power of one isn’t quite enough.
Looking for a Family Fun and Entertainment Center in the South Florida – Coconut Creek Area with attractions, activities like wall climbing, laser tag, birthday parties and more. Call us today
Although this blog is intended for our working mom readers, we hope that it can be used by everyone, including working dads, event planners and human resources people. The best thing is we give you the foundation for the party that will help you plan like a train engineer.
1. Guest List First
3. Decorations and Theme
4. Food and Leftovers
5. Gifts and Entertainment
1. Guest list first! By estimating the size of the party, you can then make the other decisions. Depending on the guests, this may even help you plan the party’s theme.
2. Location, Location, Staycation! After the guest list has been planned, the next part to determine is the venue or place that you’ll want everyone to meet. Consider using places other than your own home, since this is one of the biggest stress factors. You don’t need to have a staycation for the next birthday party or any other celebration. When you have your party elsewhere, you can leave the mess, drive home and soak in the hot tub.
3. Decorations and themes, dream, minus the nightmares! Finding the right decorations will be easier once you determine the location of the party. If you’re attending a party in the park, your decisions for decorations and party favors will vary greatly than if you have it at home. Keep the theme simple for guests and for yourself. Themes can be creative and wild or something really easy, but keep in mind your guests and how likely they are to follow suit. Crepe paper decorations with a few balloons as a center piece continue to be a decorative stand by. If the venue room or house will be dark liven it up with a decoration such as Starshower Laser lights can brighten up a room and can be used in large spaces like the outside of a home.
4. Foodies, kids and leftovers. This is a big part of any party or event. Depending on the age of the children or if it’s an adult, your food choices may vary. The next portion to consider is trash and leftovers. Leftovers that have to be transported elsewhere can often be a pain to deal with. Remember to bring Rubbermaid and Tupperware containers to help you transport. The other items to pack before going on location, would be that of cheaper containers. Save old cottage cheese and butter dishes just for these events. Then you won’t care if these containers make it back. The reason why we include ‘Kids’ in this part is because many kids don’t eat at parties. They pick, have snacks that are nutritious, but don’t make the snacks “monster” sized. Instead, serve finger sandwiches, small foods, pizza, and small bottled water. A case of water goes a long way, but at some parties you can fill a land mine. Make these little turkeys a part of your food planning and determining how much budget and food.
5. Gifts, Games and Gags are sometimes tricky. Many children and parents are putting a limit on the gift giving and telling their guests to stay modest in this area. This is an area that can be handled a many number of ways. For instance, one child asked to have the gift donations be cash. But it’s not what you think. He requested that all people gifting money to him would make a donation to his favorite charity in his honor.… and yes that’s a true story! Games and gags are the next item to cross off your list. You decide if you will have games and you now need to give prizes, cleanup as a pre-clean-up, prep etc. Look up game ideas for children’s parties on Pinterest. This is a great resource that’ll make you look like a hero. The next thing is gags. Will you have entertainment? Belly Dancers? A clown? A bounce house? These are all a part of this section of your planning. You may need to make a deposit or reservation so consider doing this right away. No matter if you plan on opening gifts or playing games this should be the moment that you’re taking a small nap cause the next part will surely put you over the edge!
6. Cleanup “Wait, where did everybody go?” Seems that when this time of the party is presents itself, it’s as if an ugly Gila monster has reared its head in the middle of the festivities and scares everyone off. Everybody except your true friends, family and the person who has nothing better to do. Be thankful and grateful for them. But be happy this is the end of your evening, with then end near. Don’t forget to pack plenty of extra-large garbage bags Small bags, foil, freezer bags and bring a granny cart for all these items. Granny carts sell at most grocery stores and retail for $15 bucks, every mother should have one! If you have the ability to plan a cleanup crew ahead of time, then by all means do so. If not, then consider this to be one of the best reasons to plan your party at a venue that cleans for you. Think of how nice it will be to pack the car and head home with a bunch of happy kids and adults.
Looking for kids indoor activities and entertainment around Broward County, Florida? Check out the Wow Factory. Call us today for all of your fun indoor birthday parties needs!!
DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS FOR PLANNING PARTIES, LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW OR VISIT US ON FACEBOOK TO SHARE YOUR TIPS.
THE WOW FACTORY
5891 Lyons Road
Coconut Creek, FL 33073