Sometimes your child’s birthday may land on a school day but this doesn’t mean that you should wait until the weekend to make him/her feel special. There are so many birthday ideas that you can implement without spending much. Kids tend to enjoy the simplest things so don’t stress over going over-the-top with your birthday plans. In fact, planning for a birthday party shouldn’t be frustrating. We’ll let you in on some 7 fun and simple ideas to make your kid’s birthday extra special.
Start with a good breakfast
Even before the guests arrive, make your kid’s day by preparing his/her favorite breakfast. You may even decide to make the breakfast together. Anything to make them feel special even before the actual event begins.
Write a birthday letter
Make it tradition to write a birthday letter to your child every year. If your child is still too small to understand, save it and read it to him/her in later years. Every year, you can read the letters together. This letter should basically highlight the way your child has grown over the years and why they are so special to you.
Go through baby photos
There’s nothing better than spending some quality time with your child on their birthday. You can do this by going through some old baby photos or cards that you’ve stacked away for memories’ sake. You can even talk about how he/she was born and other milestones such as first day at school.
Give him/her a little freedom
It’s ok to allow the birthday child to enjoy his/her day. This could mean allowing the child to choose what they want to eat for dinner or even stay up past bedtime. It’s just a single day of the year when your child should be allowed to break some rules.
Decorate the birthday child’s room in the morning
Wake up early in the morning on the day of the birthday and surprise your child with some decorations in his/her room. You can do all this while your child is sleeping. Simple things like covering the floor with balloons that have different messages written on them can go a long way in making your child feel super excited.
Offer a random surprise
If your child’s birthday is on a school day, you can pick her/him up with a surprise gift. You can even hide a note or birthday card in their lunch bag so they come across it in the middle of the day. Bake a homemade cake and greet your child with it when you pick them up from school.
Organize a themed birthday
Themed birthday parties can be a great way to get the highest attendance and make your child very excited. There are so many birthday themes that you can consider including bowling themes, celebrity, makeover and army birthday themes. The idea is to make sure everything depicts the theme that you are trying to pull off. From the decorations to the food and venue, plan early in advance so that you don’t get overwhelmed by the process.
To book an amazing birthday party that you and your child are sure to remember, call The Wow Factory today! (954)-380-8600.
With the way, today’s big world is operating many of our children seem to be getting the wrong impressions on what the holiday season should offer. It seems almost every year the kids are more focused on gifts and playtime and not enough learn the real ideology of the season. In this blog, we point out a few tips that will help your boys and girls remember to help make the world a better place.
Thanksgiving and Family Dinners are always a superb time to discuss how much you appreciate each other. After all, our young ones learn starts at home. Why not teach them to show their gratitude toward people in your family by letting everyone comment on who and why they are thankful? You can start a gratitude jar and decorate it for the holidays and then have each family member pull one of the remarks and read during the dinner. Announcing why we’re gracious is not only fun, it’s 100% heartwarming.
Next up, “Random Acts of Kindness.” It seems we all have a little too much on our plate today to take our mind off and place our energies elsewhere. Remember the old folks that live next door or a charity that has a worthy cause. Get your children involved in philanthropy and doing kind things for others without making a big deal of it. Perhaps they can volunteer to help take out the garbage for the senior woman living alone or bring them to charitable events for kids less fortunate to help open their eyes to helping others.
Hold a food or toy drive within your neighborhood. Anyone can do this activity. When you get, your kids involved, it becomes a unique event. Help them promote giving to other children their age by collecting food or toys, and they bring to a drop off center. Food drives are something you can do any time of year. These are events you can do anytime. The whole idea is to help you son or daughter be open to looking out for the needs of others. We call it humanity, and it makes a huge difference when more of us can be pro-active in the community.
Give your kids the ideas to do nice things for others, and you’ll be teaching them some value and morals important to their success on becoming great citizens.
For more information on Wow Factory activities, please contact us directly.
How to prevent your child from getting the holiday blues.
It seems it was only yesterday the kids went back to school, and now we’re facing that time of year where holiday vacations are once again upon us. For most parents, this time of year can be a lot of fun. That is if the kids are enjoying themselves. However, if you start to hear those famous words “What Can We Do Today, I’m Bored?” it’s time to find an outlet. In this blog, we present you with some tips that keep the kids preoccupied without charging up your credit cards in the process.
Tip One:Try a new recipe. If your kids like to get messy in the kitchen, then why not try a few new recipes that can keep them entertained? Bear in mind, this time of year the parents aren’t the only ones who are faced with making healthy choices. Help you, kids, to find recipes they will enjoy both making and eating without putting on the extra pounds. New types of vegan cookies or healthy granola bars can be low-calorie alternatives.
Tip Two: Go Hiking. There are plenty of trails and places for the kids to enjoy being outdoors. This time of year South Florida is perfect because of both weather and lack of bugs. Even though it’s still a good idea to wear sunscreen and mosquito repellent when hitting a nature walk, this is the most pleasant time of year for fresh air. Make the time you spend with your children a learning one by identifying plants and wildlife. Whatever the case maybe, you’ll find this both enjoyable for your kids and you.
Tip Three: Start a family blog. Go to WordPress.com and start your family blog then invite other members of the clan to join in. Give them individual writing assignments, post pictures and invite other people to join in. By including your kids to be a part of this project may open new doors and develop confidence.
Tip Four: Plan a field trip to the Wow Factory. Don’t forget to invite the other kids in the neighborhood or from your child’s class. The Wow Factory is a place that’s not only fun, but it also helps children to develop unique skills such as team building and motor skill development. Of course, we highly recommend this tip!
Before you know it, the kids will be back to school and life will get back to normal. We suggest planning a few activities to give your children something to look forward to during the season. Whatever you do, we’re always here to break up the monotony.
The all visual social platform Pinterest has exploded over the past few years. Recently the statistics point to Pinterest having over 100 million active users to the site per day. They’ve also introduced a new feature for mommy bloggers to find their next career move. Pinfluencers are dominating this site and you should too. Here’s some of the best Mommy Bloggers or marketers you should check out next time you’re on board. (no pun, really)
Joy Cho targets everything from baby clothing to recipes for a monster ball. She’s a designer by trade so you’ll catch a lot of fashion pins too. Her blog titled “Oh joy!” shows her sparkling family and has some of the cutest kids. Treat yourself to the many products that she features online. She’s got a terrific site, including throwing great parties for your children.
Now we switch to Josi Denise who takes a little more of a radical approach. She’s the “I’m going to tell you just like it is” mom. With a background in marketing and PR, she has a small following on Instagram, a modest 2400 followers, but you get a sense of who she is and how her life as a mom unfolds. Josi has a great disposition and attitude that allow her to use Mommy Blogging as a form of career.
There’s an estimated $2,000 each time you hit 1Million Followers. SmashleyAshley.com is a young mom who resides in San Diego with her perfect family of 3. You can check out her reviews on things such as Halloween costumes to a host of other family topics. She’s featured in the Huffington Post to Today Parents. The second you log onto her page, you feel like you’ve known this blogger for years. It’s great to see writers turn into superstars with the concept of becoming a brand influencer.
There’s a ton of other talented people in the category of Mommy Blogs. We’re just pointing out the most obvious ones to us. We certainly hope you let us know who your favorite blogger is.
For more information on booking a party at the Wow Factory, contact us directly.
Host your next surprise party at the Wow Factory, South Florida indoor activity and party center.
If you or someone you know has always wanted to throw a surprise party for a friend, relative or co-worker, but don’t know how, this blog is for you! The worst part of throwing a surprise party is when the honoree finds out the secret. We’ve put together a few ideas on how to pull off the ultimate surprise that even the nosiest ‘guest of honor’ couldn’t figure out.
When it comes to throwing a surprise, you have to think outside of the realm of tradition. Why not call an Uber or Lyft driver and give instructions to both the driver as well as your special guest giving clues along the way? Granite this won’t work for everyone. But if your passenger is willing to go with it, you’re sure to add a touch of mystery to the rest of the event. During special occasions, many people will request the “LUXE” vehicles. These typically are BMW’s and Mercedes and are required to be a step up from the average Uber or Lyft rides. These are upon special request and there is an upcharge for these cars.
If you’ve chosen a place like Wow Factory for your party, one sure fire way to get your guests to come in without assuming they’re having a party is the Lost Item “Trick”. Let the person know that you have to casually swing by the Wow Factory or the location due to an item that you had lost previously. Once you’re at the door with them you can lead them to the location explaining you’re looking for the manager. A little white lie is perfectly acceptable when it’s for the benefit of your invitee. So and so needs your help trick is another similar gag like the Lost Item. This time your framing the situation by telling them somebody is in need of a special favor or help.
Frozen Gifts are always an interesting way to present something small. Small items like engagement rings are perfect items to have frozen in an ice cube that’s placed in the prospective bride to be champagne or wine. **Just remember if it’s something of value not to give it to an untrustworthy individual.
Kanye West and the Kardashian sisters threw a Pregnant Birthday Party for his baby’s momma, Kim where she had no idea. Everyone met at the local movie theater that had a very posh party room filled with gourmet ‘delishiousness’ and all Kim’s friends. Because Kim was feeling down about being pregnant with Saint, all the guests came dressed with a ‘baby bump’ to make her feel better.
Blindfolding someone is always fun as long as the scarf or eye covering is tight and dark. Don’t use things like knit caps as blinds. Be sure to check the cover to ensure it’s not see through.
Places like the Wow Factory are excellent venues for Adult Surprise Party’s since they almost never suspect that you would throw such a party at a kid’s place. With these quick hints you can prevent your curious guest from knowing that they are in for a whammy of a shindig!
For more information on throwing the ultimate party contact our party planners.
Tips from The Wow Factory: Party Planner for the Working Mom
Planning birthday parties can be a lot of fun if you have a good plan and the mother-load of shopping lists. This is the basic list with a bit of an entrepreneurial twist that you can keep close to your cell and we’ll even recommend a few party planners nearby that can help you when the power of one isn’t quite enough.
Looking for a Family Fun and Entertainment Center in the South Florida – Coconut Creek Area with attractions, activities like wall climbing, laser tag, birthday parties and more. Call us today
Although this blog is intended for our working mom readers, we hope that it can be used by everyone, including working dads, event planners and human resources people. The best thing is we give you the foundation for the party that will help you plan like a train engineer.
1. Guest List First
3. Decorations and Theme
4. Food and Leftovers
5. Gifts and Entertainment
1. Guest list first! By estimating the size of the party, you can then make the other decisions. Depending on the guests, this may even help you plan the party’s theme.
2. Location, Location, Staycation! After the guest list has been planned, the next part to determine is the venue or place that you’ll want everyone to meet. Consider using places other than your own home, since this is one of the biggest stress factors. You don’t need to have a staycation for the next birthday party or any other celebration. When you have your party elsewhere, you can leave the mess, drive home and soak in the hot tub.
3. Decorations and themes, dream, minus the nightmares! Finding the right decorations will be easier once you determine the location of the party. If you’re attending a party in the park, your decisions for decorations and party favors will vary greatly than if you have it at home. Keep the theme simple for guests and for yourself. Themes can be creative and wild or something really easy, but keep in mind your guests and how likely they are to follow suit. Crepe paper decorations with a few balloons as a center piece continue to be a decorative stand by. If the venue room or house will be dark liven it up with a decoration such as Starshower Laser lights can brighten up a room and can be used in large spaces like the outside of a home.
4. Foodies, kids and leftovers. This is a big part of any party or event. Depending on the age of the children or if it’s an adult, your food choices may vary. The next portion to consider is trash and leftovers. Leftovers that have to be transported elsewhere can often be a pain to deal with. Remember to bring Rubbermaid and Tupperware containers to help you transport. The other items to pack before going on location, would be that of cheaper containers. Save old cottage cheese and butter dishes just for these events. Then you won’t care if these containers make it back. The reason why we include ‘Kids’ in this part is because many kids don’t eat at parties. They pick, have snacks that are nutritious, but don’t make the snacks “monster” sized. Instead, serve finger sandwiches, small foods, pizza, and small bottled water. A case of water goes a long way, but at some parties you can fill a land mine. Make these little turkeys a part of your food planning and determining how much budget and food.
5. Gifts, Games and Gags are sometimes tricky. Many children and parents are putting a limit on the gift giving and telling their guests to stay modest in this area. This is an area that can be handled a many number of ways. For instance, one child asked to have the gift donations be cash. But it’s not what you think. He requested that all people gifting money to him would make a donation to his favorite charity in his honor.… and yes that’s a true story! Games and gags are the next item to cross off your list. You decide if you will have games and you now need to give prizes, cleanup as a pre-clean-up, prep etc. Look up game ideas for children’s parties on Pinterest. This is a great resource that’ll make you look like a hero. The next thing is gags. Will you have entertainment? Belly Dancers? A clown? A bounce house? These are all a part of this section of your planning. You may need to make a deposit or reservation so consider doing this right away. No matter if you plan on opening gifts or playing games this should be the moment that you’re taking a small nap cause the next part will surely put you over the edge!
6. Cleanup “Wait, where did everybody go?” Seems that when this time of the party is presents itself, it’s as if an ugly Gila monster has reared its head in the middle of the festivities and scares everyone off. Everybody except your true friends, family and the person who has nothing better to do. Be thankful and grateful for them. But be happy this is the end of your evening, with then end near. Don’t forget to pack plenty of extra-large garbage bags Small bags, foil, freezer bags and bring a granny cart for all these items. Granny carts sell at most grocery stores and retail for $15 bucks, every mother should have one! If you have the ability to plan a cleanup crew ahead of time, then by all means do so. If not, then consider this to be one of the best reasons to plan your party at a venue that cleans for you. Think of how nice it will be to pack the car and head home with a bunch of happy kids and adults.
Looking for kids indoor activities and entertainment around Broward County, Florida? Check out the Wow Factory. Call us today for all of your fun indoor birthday parties needs!!
DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS FOR PLANNING PARTIES, LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW OR VISIT US ON FACEBOOK TO SHARE YOUR TIPS.
THE WOW FACTORY
5891 Lyons Road
Coconut Creek, FL 33073