Tips from The Wow Factory: Party Planner for the Working Mom
Planning birthday parties can be a lot of fun if you have a good plan and the mother-load of shopping lists. This is the basic list with a bit of an entrepreneurial twist that you can keep close to your cell and we’ll even recommend a few party planners nearby that can help you when the power of one isn’t quite enough.
Looking for a Family Fun and Entertainment Center in the South Florida – Coconut Creek Area with attractions, activities like wall climbing, laser tag, birthday parties and more. Call us today
Although this blog is intended for our working mom readers, we hope that it can be used by everyone, including working dads, event planners and human resources people. The best thing is we give you the foundation for the party that will help you plan like a train engineer.
1. Guest List First
3. Decorations and Theme
4. Food and Leftovers
5. Gifts and Entertainment
1. Guest list first! By estimating the size of the party, you can then make the other decisions. Depending on the guests, this may even help you plan the party’s theme.
2. Location, Location, Staycation! After the guest list has been planned, the next part to determine is the venue or place that you’ll want everyone to meet. Consider using places other than your own home, since this is one of the biggest stress factors. You don’t need to have a staycation for the next birthday party or any other celebration. When you have your party elsewhere, you can leave the mess, drive home and soak in the hot tub.
3. Decorations and themes, dream, minus the nightmares! Finding the right decorations will be easier once you determine the location of the party. If you’re attending a party in the park, your decisions for decorations and party favors will vary greatly than if you have it at home. Keep the theme simple for guests and for yourself. Themes can be creative and wild or something really easy, but keep in mind your guests and how likely they are to follow suit. Crepe paper decorations with a few balloons as a center piece continue to be a decorative stand by. If the venue room or house will be dark liven it up with a decoration such as Starshower Laser lights can brighten up a room and can be used in large spaces like the outside of a home.
4. Foodies, kids and leftovers. This is a big part of any party or event. Depending on the age of the children or if it’s an adult, your food choices may vary. The next portion to consider is trash and leftovers. Leftovers that have to be transported elsewhere can often be a pain to deal with. Remember to bring Rubbermaid and Tupperware containers to help you transport. The other items to pack before going on location, would be that of cheaper containers. Save old cottage cheese and butter dishes just for these events. Then you won’t care if these containers make it back. The reason why we include ‘Kids’ in this part is because many kids don’t eat at parties. They pick, have snacks that are nutritious, but don’t make the snacks “monster” sized. Instead, serve finger sandwiches, small foods, pizza, and small bottled water. A case of water goes a long way, but at some parties you can fill a land mine. Make these little turkeys a part of your food planning and determining how much budget and food.
5. Gifts, Games and Gags are sometimes tricky. Many children and parents are putting a limit on the gift giving and telling their guests to stay modest in this area. This is an area that can be handled a many number of ways. For instance, one child asked to have the gift donations be cash. But it’s not what you think. He requested that all people gifting money to him would make a donation to his favorite charity in his honor.… and yes that’s a true story! Games and gags are the next item to cross off your list. You decide if you will have games and you now need to give prizes, cleanup as a pre-clean-up, prep etc. Look up game ideas for children’s parties on Pinterest. This is a great resource that’ll make you look like a hero. The next thing is gags. Will you have entertainment? Belly Dancers? A clown? A bounce house? These are all a part of this section of your planning. You may need to make a deposit or reservation so consider doing this right away. No matter if you plan on opening gifts or playing games this should be the moment that you’re taking a small nap cause the next part will surely put you over the edge!
6. Cleanup “Wait, where did everybody go?” Seems that when this time of the party is presents itself, it’s as if an ugly Gila monster has reared its head in the middle of the festivities and scares everyone off. Everybody except your true friends, family and the person who has nothing better to do. Be thankful and grateful for them. But be happy this is the end of your evening, with then end near. Don’t forget to pack plenty of extra-large garbage bags Small bags, foil, freezer bags and bring a granny cart for all these items. Granny carts sell at most grocery stores and retail for $15 bucks, every mother should have one! If you have the ability to plan a cleanup crew ahead of time, then by all means do so. If not, then consider this to be one of the best reasons to plan your party at a venue that cleans for you. Think of how nice it will be to pack the car and head home with a bunch of happy kids and adults.
Looking for kids indoor activities and entertainment around Broward County, Florida? Check out the Wow Factory. Call us today for all of your fun indoor birthday parties needs!!
DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS FOR PLANNING PARTIES, LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW OR VISIT US ON FACEBOOK TO SHARE YOUR TIPS.
THE WOW FACTORY
5891 Lyons Road
Coconut Creek, FL 33073
Party Bookings / Reservations / Group Sales