6 South Florida Birthday Party Ideas for Boys or Girls for 2016
Need a place near Coconut Creek, Pompano Beach, Fort Lauderdale or Boca Raton that has plenty of indoor activities for children’s activities? Call a team member at The Wow Factory for more information.
Now that 2015 is over and 2016 soon to be here it’s time to start over. Last year’s child party themes included Hello Kitty, Pirates, and Legos. This year with the release of the new Star Wars movie “The Force Awakens” this past December, this is sure to be a big hit. Here are a few party ideas to keep in mind that will be trending in 2016.
1. Sports Party: If your son or daughter plays sports or are athletic then this will be a no-brainer for you. Invite guests to come wearing their jersey’s or a sports uniform. Parents can dress up in Ref outfits to set them apart. Bring cupcakes or bake a cake shaped like footballs or soccer balls. Decorate with their team colors and you’ve got a festive party made for their team spirit.
2. Princess for a Day: Princess for a day continues to carry out from the beginning of time. With this timeless theme, you can still give a fresh new approach. Why not make it a Fairy Princess theme and hand out the little ones a set of wings, a tiara, and, of course, a wand? Don’t get stuck in a hole of pink and white here. Think pastel yellows, blues, and lavender as part of the color scheme for your child’s special day. Lots of tissue flowers and brightly colored decorations add the final touch.
3. Star Wars: Star Wars will be all the craze for either a boy or girl this year with the continuing saga of the movie. For decorations drum up storm trooper balloons, from your local party supply. Use large black paper and white paint and create a backdrop using the Star Wars lettering. Don’t forget to add a lot of stars. You can make Darth Vader gift bags and don’t forget to pass out the light sabers. For parents wanting to go the extra mile hire an impersonator of a Luke Skywalker or Yoda.
4. Dora the Explorer: Dora continues to be a favorite among the kid party themes. To liven up the room, think hot pink and purple banners and streamers. Make an impression with tissue papered flowers or large colorful balloon arrangements. Pass out purple book bags filled with party supplies or guest gifts. Remember to include Dora’s monkey and other friends as part of your décor.
5. Firefighter: Another continuing theme that’s exciting for any children is the Fire Fighter Party. Big Red, yellow and orange balloons with varying sizes can simulate fire. You can pass out firefighter hats and decorate cupcakes with fire engines and Dalmatians. Use a faux brick wall backdrop and hang a firefighter costumes, fire hats.